I have a bit of a ritual in the morning – certain habits I guess which come with time but are forever changing as I adapt to different environments.
Having said this, one thing which never changes is my complete loyalty towards Matcha. If I begin my morning with Matcha, I know it will be a peachy morning! My energy levels will remain in tact, my mood will be good and my body will be filled with nutrients and antioxidants.
You might be someone who has never heard of Matcha and is wondering what it is. I’ll tell you. It’s the purest form of green tea, originating from Japan where the Japanese used to incorporate it into their tea ceremonies.
Matcha green tea and Matcha latte’s have become a huge phenomenon over the past few years, with people going crazy over this new green drink! However finding a good quality and authentic Matcha tea is rare.
After stumbling across my favourite drink stop in Shoreditch last year, I became addicted to their Ceremonial grade Matcha and discovered it came it from Matchaeologist .. a brand dedicated to creating Artisan Matcha, grown in Japan – Uji, in Kyoto. A region known as the ‘Holy land’ for this tea.
It’s safe to say my cupboards are now filled with Matchaeologist so I’m not worried about running out anytime soon!
As well as being a photographer, I also dedicate my time to Recipe creation and Nutrition so I’ve produced a couple of easy energy fixes and some sweet treats for you and your family.
There are many benefits to consuming Matcha, other than it’s wonderful taste!
Why drink Matcha?
- Fat Burner
- Natural Caffeine
- Great for immunity
- Containg L-theanine – Calming
- Improves complexion and reduces redness in skin
- Great for oral health (teeth & gums)
- Dairy free milk (I use Rice milk or Coconut / Soy)
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder from Matchaeologist
- Honey to sweeten (if desired. I prefer without as the taste is more authentic)
- Boil some water and mix the matcha powder (covering just over the base of the powder) using a bamboo whisk or frother.
- Warm up the milk
- Mix the matcha into the milk and add in the honey. Enjoy!
Matcha Chia seed pudding
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Dairy free milk
- 1 tsp Matcha powder from Matchaeologist
1. Soak the chia seeds in a small bowl of water and leave for approx 30 minutes.
2. Boil some water. Add 1 teaspoon of matcha into a bowl / cup and mix thoroughly using a wooden whisk or frother.
3. Pour almond milk into a jar or glass ensuring there are no almond bits floating around! Mix in matcha and froth.
4. Add in chia seeds and mix well.
5. Pour in the honey
6. Leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour, ensuring you mix well beforehand.
Top with coconut shaving and dark chocolate / fruit of your choice. I’ve topped these up with seasonal strawberries!
If you have any further questions, feel free to email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to check out Matchaeologist Instagram where you will find many more recipes and inspiration for the perfect Matcha experience!